Saturday, November 6, 2010

Designing The Living Room

I recently asked a good friend of mine (Melissa Clark) to help me decorate my living room, and I am so happy with how it turned out!! Melissa and I came up with a layout that I liked and went to work. First we replaced the roman shades with blinds to match the center window. Then we painted the bay window a dark gold, and the other walls a champagne off white, playing off the colors from chairs I had bought for the room. We then decided to do a hand painted mural on the side wall which we did in a slightly darker shade of the champagne.

After all that manual labor we went shopping and picking out accessories, furniture, and fabric for pillows. We spent the next week hanging curtains, sewing a variety of pillows, hanging pictures, putting furniture together, hanging a light fixture, and putting the finishing touches on the room. In all it turned out to be a lot of work and fun, that I think really payed off.

Before
After

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!! I love the mural! Did you do that free hand?? It looks fantastic! Want to fly to Houston and do mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really good, Lue! I do miss the green lady. But the room looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy - you have the eye and hand!! It looks great! I am very proud of you and your sweet friend that helped you. Good Job! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo cute. It really centers the room and makes it feel more welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy! It turned out awesome! I love it. I will have to come and take a look in person!

    ReplyDelete