Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Farmington Festival Days 5K

This last weekend was Farmington Festival Days and every year they have a race in the morning, followed by a big french toast breakfast, a parade, festivities during the day and finally fireworks at night. Each year, since Matt and I moved to Utah, we have attended and I even participated in the race once before I had Hallie. This year I decided to participate in the race again, and I was able to convince my sister in-law Julie to run the 5K with me. She was such a trooper! I have always loved to run, I'm not the fastest, but I truly enjoy it. As for Julie, she has never been a runner, she and I walk together most mornings, but she does not run...until now :). We decided to start training in the evenings so we could run without the kids, and finally when the day of the race arrived we both did great. I beat my personal best and got 27:59, and Julie just over 28 minutes. I was so proud of us, and we have decided that next year we are going to shoot for the 10K, which will be an adventure, because that will be a first for me as well.


The Kids didn't love getting up so early, but they were good supporters as you can see.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Job Cindy! I don't love (maybe I could say HATE) running, but I have been getting into it lately and think that maybe a 5K would be fun but I always chicken out. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!! I am so jealous! Good job. You look fantastic. Too bad winter is so close here, my outside running days are few.

    ReplyDelete